Saturday, January 23, 2010

Results

First, I wrote a couple of articles and sent them to EzineArticles.com, Bukisa.com., and ArticleBase.com.  They all accepted them.  I'm told I was naive to expect otherwise.  So now I have 2 situations where I have the same article in 3 places.  "3 Techniques That Can Turn Anyone Into A Perpetual Aspiring Writer-Advice From a Master PAW" got picked up several times.  Not everybody is giving me credit.  One of the places took it, changed it, mangled it.  I think they had a computer replace words here and there with synonyms.  It was beautiful, if I say so myself, it's incoherent on their site, if I say so myself. 

I reread it, found several errors, mispellings.  Next time I will have to proofread the proofread version.

Since it seems every ezine I send something to accepts it, I need to send out an article to only one ezine(unless I rewrite it).  I plan to write 2, one for EzineArticles.com, since I got so many hits from there, and one to another, random (the goal is to link from many sites to my lenses). 

The reuslts of the articles, there were 7 visits from EzineArticles.com to my lenses, 3 from Bookisa.com, one from the site that copied my article and mangled it.

I looked at the Squidoo ratings for my lenses every evening.  And they changed a lot. 

Samsung lens
date          overall rank         Shopping rank                visits             activity 

01/18         875,250            67,367                             1                 facebook, digg, blog, ping, edited lens
01/19         176,095            67,367                             3                 blog, ping, articles, edited lens
01/20         119,380            16,135                             3                 blog, ping, articles, edited lens
01/21         119,389            16,135                             4                 edited lens, articles, ping   
01/22          55,100             16,135                             1                 none
01/23

The first lens I did is ranked 44,227th overall, and 7,655th in Shopping.  I created it on 4 days before the Samsung lens.  I diged my lens in digg.com.  I sent emails to all my firiends and family members asked them to look at my lenses, maybe bookmark them.  Not one did. 

So, I am going to create a lens in which I cover what I did and my ranking.  It will create another link ot my lenses and give people an idea of how to move fast up in the ranks.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment