Thursday, January 21, 2010

Belated Introduction and Vizio TV Squidoo Lenses

I guess I should have started with a bit of introduction. I like writing and I think I need to do marketing, which I also like. I decided to make money online, and Squidoo.com and Amazon.com seemed to me the easiest way to get started. I might be wrong as I do not know enough about affiliate marketing.

In any case, I made 2 Squidoo lenses. Why are they called lenses? I figured people are forever buying electronics. On E-bay, Vizio LCD TVs, especially the 42" had sold the most in the 2 weeks prior. So I did a lens for 42 Vizio LCD TVs. Since the next big seller were Samsung LCD TV's, I made my second lens for Samsung TVs. I actually own one and am quite happy with it.

Then I had to start on getting visitors to my lenses. I mentioned them on my Facebook page, in some articles, here. The result, after 5 days, the Vizio LCD TV lens has got 21 hits, no buyers and it is ranked 54,829 overall in Squidoo, 7,655 in Squidoo shopping. The Samsung TVs lens, after 3 days has had 9 hits, no body bought. It is ranked 119,380 overall in Squidoo, 16,1315 in shopping.

I am going to make another lens today. Well, I'll start one. I'll make one about a computer Dell laptop that's going to be released soon. Then I'll make another one about my lenses. Like a Master Lens.

Today I will also submit 2 articles to ezines. I've already submitted them to several.
http://ezinearticles.com/?3-Techniques-That-Can-Turn-Anyone-Into-a-Perpetual-Aspiring-Writer--Advice-From-a-Master-PAW&id=3589318

http://ezinearticles.com/?2-Things-to-Watch-Out-For-When-Buying-LCD-TVs&id=3602282

I submitted them to Bukisa.com, Articlebase.com, and will submit to many more. I am told this is the way to move up in the Google ranks. As of today, my rating in Google for these 2 lenses is a big fat 0.

Now I have to go take my daughter to school and walk the dog, so end of blogging activities for now. Just so you know, we have a Maltese, 8 year old, Lollypop, and my daughters adore her, expecially my youngest.

If you want to see the lenses I've been blabbing about, look at my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment