Friday, April 8, 2011

Shutting Down The Government

No, I'm not going to go into politics.  I'm merely going to mention that I saw part of an interview with a congressman.  He happened to be a Republican, but I've seen the other side do the same.  He said that the Government doesn't have to be shut down.  All that's required is for Democrats to accept what he and other Republicans were proposing.  He did not seem to be aware that the opposite holds true, that all that's needed is that Republicans accept what the Democrats want.

And now to my request: can we elect people who at least have a modicum of self-awareness?

And that reminded me, don't ask how, of part of an interview I saw about a year ago.  Some congressman was asking some 4 star general about US putting 20 thousand soldiers on the west side of some 8 miles wide island.  The Congressman asked, honest to goodness, if the island wasn't going to capsize with that many soldiers on one side of the island.

The general answered with a straight face.

I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment